Free shipping on orders over $100 using code FREESHIP
Skip to content

How To Care For Your Jewelry

Daily Care

Handmade jewelry is special and delicate in nature. It is important to know how to care for your pieces properly so you can enjoy them for years to come.

Throughout your daily routine, a general rule of thumb for jewelry care is to make sure you take off your jewelry and store it properly when sleeping and showering. This will reduce exposure to air and natural skin oils that can do damage over time.

Daily Care

Handmade jewelry is special and delicate in nature. It is important to know how to care for your pieces properly so you can enjoy them for years to come.

Throughout your daily routine, a general rule of thumb for jewelry care is to make sure you take off your jewelry and store it properly when sleeping and showering. This will reduce exposure to air and natural skin oils that can do damage over time.

14kt Solid Gold

About the metal

14kt solid gold is a durable heirloom quality metal that will not oxidize or tarnish, ever. It is the absolute best choice if you are seeking pieces that can withstand daily wear and last a lifetime.

Care Tips

1. Scrub it lightly with a soft-bristled brush using warm water and detergent-free soap.

2. Buff gently with a clean cloth. 

3. Store your pieces in a safe, dry place when not worn to protect them from the elements of daily exposure.

Gold Fill

About the metal

Gold fill is made when a layer of gold is fused to a core of base metal. The gold in gold fill is much thicker than gold plating.

Gold-fill is your best option after solid gold for quality and durability, containing a substantial layer of 14k gold. It will not flake off or turn your skin green and offers a great solution for people with sensitive skin. Gold-filled jewelry can stay beautiful for a long time, especially with a little extra care.

All of our gold fill is sourced directly in the United States and is 100% nickel-free. This is a great solution for people with sensitive skin.

Care Tips

1. You can use a polishing cloth on gold fill, but it’s best used gently and sparingly. Simply cleaning it with mild soap and water works great too.

2. Gold Fill can last beautifully for many years, however, there are certain factors that can cause the gold to tarnish. Chemicals are in a lot of things, so we recommend avoiding wearing them in pools, hot tubs, and while working out.

3. Certain people's body chemistry and medications they take can affect the sparkle and longevity of gold fill. This is hard to predict and 90% of people never have this problem.

Sterling Silver

About the metal

Sterling silver is considered a precious metal and consists of 92.5% pure silver. The other 7.5% of the alloy is usually copper, which strengthens the silver without compromising its appearance. 

All of our sterling silver is sourced directly in the United States and is nickel-free. This is a great solution for people with sensitive skin.

Care Tips

1. The more you love and wear your sterling silver the more bright and shiny it stays. Tarnish can occur when sterling silver comes in contact with the oxygen in the air. If you do see some tarnishing, a polishing cloth can brighten it right up.

2. If you are not wearing your sterling silver pieces every day, it is best to store them in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.

Availability